What’s New in a Nutshell
- Lorraine will be leading a one-day retreat entitled Write of Spring: Midlife, Meaning, and Memoir on May 17. Visit the Events page for information.
- Lorraine’s new book Self and Soul: On Creating a Meaningful Life is now available! Dr. Christiane Northrup (Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom and The Wisdom of Menopause) says “Self and Soul shines with heart, soul, and brilliance” and proclaims “I love this book!”
- Lorraine and her husband Bill have launched their new publishing company, Cape House Books. Their first two releases include Lorraine’s new book Self and Soul: On Creating a Meaningful Life, and Celestial Conversations: Healing Relationships After Death by Lo Anne Mayer. Authors may be interested in the company’s collaborative publishing model. Details are on the Cape House website.
- As of 2008, excerpts fromLife
Touches Life appear in the OLDS Maternal-Newborn
Nursing Women’s Health Across the Lifespan, a Pearson Prentice
Hall textbook for nursing students. For the first time, training in perinatal
death is part of the core nursing curriculum.
- Lorraine has written the Foreword for Mourning
Sarah, an important consciousness-raising book about a baby
who died of Group B Strep, the same bacterium that killed Victoria. This
new work, by Theresa Vigour, was released in April by Radcliffe Publishing
throughout the United States and United Kingdom.
- The family of Life
readers now extends around the globe, with stillbirth mothers writing
to Lorraine not only from the United States but from the Middle East,
Australia, Europe, China, Canada and Mexico. Lorraine welcomes all correspondence
and remains happily committed to writing back to everyone personally.
Catch up with these radio interviews with Lorraine:
- Power Women Radio, a half-hour segment with Deb Bailey about pregnancy, stillbirth and what every pregnant woman should know. You can hear the interview on the January 26, 2011 show.
- A Novel Idea, a 20-minute radio segment with Helen Coronato about spiritual memoir as an American genre. The segment is featured in the hour-long “Contours” show on 91.9 WNTI (Hackettstown, NJ). You can visit the show’s web site at www.wnti.org/Contours and listen to Lorraine on the June 27, 2010 program.
- Healing The Grieving Heart with hosts Drs.
Gloria & Heidi Horsley about “Grieving the Stillborn Child.” You can hear Lorraine on the January 18, 2007 program.