Lorraine’s Events and Appearances
- Monday, August 11 through Friday, September 5, 2014
WOW! Blog tour for Self and Soul
Lorraine takes to the interwebs for the Self and Soul blog tour, produced by WOW! Women on Writing. She’ll be writing guest posts, answering questions, and more. Be sure to join her at one — or all — of the stops.
Blog tour stops include:
- Monday, August 11 @ The Muffin
Stop by for an interview with Lorraine Ash and a chance to win Self and Soul: On Creating a Meaningful Life.
- Tuesday, August 12 @ Lisa Haselton’s Reviews and Interviews
Lisa Haselton interviews journalist and memoirist Lorraine Ash, author of Self and Soul: On Creating a Meaningful Life.
- Thursday, August 14 @ Memoir Writer’s Journey
Learn how writing spiritual memoir can be used as a transformational tool with this guest post from author and journalist Lorraine Ash.
- Monday, August 18 @ Women’s Writing Circle
Lorraine Ash shares her tips for writing a memoir in midlife at the Women’s Writing Circle blog.
- Wednesday, August 20 @ Choices
Lorraine Ash, author of Self and Soul, shares a guest post on writing from the wound.
- Thursday, August 21 @ Sherrey Meyer
Lorraine Ash discusses the importance of exploring ancestral patterns in memoir.
- Friday, August 22 @ Memory Writers Network
Jerry Waxler shares his thoughts on Lorraine Ash’s memoir Self and Soul: On Creating a Meaningful Life.
- Monday, August 25 @ Create Write Now
Struggling with how to bring your best voice to life in memoir? Lorraine Ash shares her advice in this informative guest post.
- Tuesday, August 26 @ Renee’s Pages
Lorraine Ash discusses the importance and simplicity of food and fellowship in this guest post promoting Self and Soul: On Creating a Meaningful Life.
- Thursday, August 28 @ Sherrey Meyer
Sherrey reviews Lorraine Ash’s spiritual memoir Self and Soul. Also, enter to win your own copy of the book!
- Monday, September 1 @ The Lit Ladies
There are real obstacles and losses in life. The real ones can always be met and overcome. Author Lorraine Ash shares a guest post on mistaking real traumas for fake ones. Plus, enter a chance to win a copy of her memoir, Self and Soul: On Creating a Meaningful Life.
- Tuesday, September 2 @ CMash Reads
Who would Lorraine Ash choose to star in the movie version of her book? Stop by for an interview with the author of Self and Soul to find out. Also, don’t miss another chance to win a copy of the book!
- Wednesday, September 3 @ Words From the Heart
Veteran hikers know that what’s in their backpacks matters. Lorraine Ash shares her tools for the proverbial spiritual backpack, otherwise known as the mind, that great lens through which we see and filter life.
- Friday, September 5 @ Life Without Baby
Lorraine Ash discusses the legacy of childlessness and how she became a part of it after the stillbirth of her newborn daughter. Blogger Lisa Manterfield is also giving away a copy of Lorraine’s book, Self and Soul.
- Saturday, October 18, 2014, 1-8 p.m.
Memoir and Mindfulness: Writing and Understanding the Essential Self
A one-day retreat with Lorraine Ash, Seijaku Roshi, and Elle Levenson
Pine Wind Zen Center, 863 McKendimen Road, Shamong, NJ 08088
$75 includes all programming, dinner, and mini-reflexology session
- For secure online registration, visit www.pinewind.org, click “Offerings,” and then click “Program registration.” MasterCard, Visa, and Discover Card accepted.
- You also may write a check made payable to “The Zen Society” and mail it to:
863 McKendimen Road
Shamong, NJ 08088
Join Seijaku Roshi and Lorraine Ash in the beautiful serenity of Jizo-An Monastery as they introduce key concepts of Buddhist teachings and memoir writing that can help you free yourself from the delusions and fears you hold about your own life, make peace with your past, and move you confidently in the direction of your dreams.
- Learn how to live authentically through understanding the Five Hindrances to fulfillment
- Explore writing as a Zen tool
- Restore your confidence in the divine flow of everything everywhere
- Enjoy a mini-reflexology session with the wonderful Elle Levenson
For more information, including directions, call (609) 268-9151 or e-mail
Bring a notebook or laptop.
Previous appearances are listed on the Past Events
and Appearances page.