Lorraine in the Media
- The (Bergen County, NJ) Town Journal published an excellent article on Lorraine and her work in memoir on May 27, 2015. Read “Allendale resident shares the power of memoirs with workshop” at the NorthJersey.com website (opens new browser window).
- Mystic Living Today, a monthly ezine, published an excerpt from Self and Soul in its March 2014 edition. Read “Saints Actually Do March In” at the Mystic Living Today website.
- Christy Potter of the “Going Gray” podcast spoke to Lorraine about writing to heal ourselves, a process she began some years ago after giving birth to a stillborn daughter. She has used it to write two memoirs, including her latest, Self and Soul. Visit the Going Gray page or go directly to the February 12, 2014 podcast.
- Spiritual Book Club interviewed Lorraine for their Real People, Real Lives, Real Spirituality blog. Read the August 15, 2013 interview.
- Tiferet, a journal of spiritual literature, published an excerpt from Self and Soul in its July 2013 edition. In the introduction to the journal, Diane Bonavist, editor-in-chief, notes the overlap in the spiritual spaces occupied by Tiferet and Self and Soul: “In the July 2013 issue, Lorraine Ash writes, ‘The function of the mind is to form the right question; the function of faith is to let go of it.’ That’s where Tiferet dwells, at the evanescent threshold separating form and faith, matter and light.” Visit the Tiferet website.
- The National Association of Baby Boomer Women (NABBW) reviewed Self and Soul, calling it “a brief but powerful memoir.” Read the July 23, 2013 review on the NABBW website.
- Identity Magazine featured Lorraine in an article entitled The Secret in Achieving, written by Diana St. Lifer. Read the article in the May 27, 2013 issue online.
- Deb Bailey of Power Women Radio spoke to Lorraine on a variety of other topics including empowerment as we age, women getting trapped in their roles, and of course Lorraine’s new book Self and Soul. Listen to the May 23, 2013 program online.
- The Spring 2013 issue of Fordham Magazine included Self and Soul in an article discussing new books by Fordham alumni (282 kb Adobe PDF file; requires Adobe Reader or another PDF reader to view. Visit our support page for help with PDF files.)
- Matt Welsh, pioneer in conscious media and spiritual entertainment, interviewed Lorraine for his popular Spiritual Media blog on select topics from her new book Self and Soul. They spoke about how to keep faith alive in an uncertain world, what it means to succeed, and the ultimate purpose of life. Read the entire March 4, 2013 blog post.
- Writer and writing teacher Chloe Yelena Miller chatted with Lorraine about topics including her new book Self and Soul, her writing process, and the logistics of writing a book while working as a journalist and running a publishing house, among others. Read the entire January 11, 2013 blog post.
- Indie Author News spoke to Lorraine in a featured interview that covered not only her new book Self and Soul, but also her writing process and background, and her new publishing company, Cape House Books. Read the December 12, 2012 Indie Author News interview.
- Lorraine was the guest blogger on the blog of Chloe Yelena Miller, Writer & Writing Teacher. Lorraine addresses starting a memoir by forming a question whose answer is vital to the writer’s self-understanding. Read her January 18, 2012 blog entry.
- Lorraine was interviewed by Deb Bailey for Power Women Radio about stillbirth — her own experiences and what every pregnant woman should know now. Listen to her January 26, 2011 internet radio interview with Power Women Magazine.
- Lorraine was interviewed by Bodie Parkhurst for the Magic Dog Press blog on how to write about difficult experiences and emotions. Check out her December 1, 2010 Q-and-A.
- A review of Life Touches Life appeared on NewAgeVenus.com. Marion J. Flores concludes her review by calling Life Touches Life “a must-have resource for all families experiencing the grief of stillbirth.”
- Lorraine was interviewed by Helen Coronato for “A Novel Idea” on 91.9 WNTI (Hackettstown, NJ) radio about spiritual genre as an American genre as relevant today as it was for the Pilgrims who landed on Plymouth Rock. Listen to the June 27, 2010 Contours radio program at the WNTI web site.
- Lorraine was interviewed on the glow in the woods website for parents who have lost babies. Read the complete interview on the glow in the woods site.
- A review of Life Touches Life appeared in the August 2008 AORN (Association of periOperative Registered Nurses) Journal, and on the AORN web site. Reviewer Susan Overman, RN, calls it “a powerful book” and notes that “everyone in the health field can benefit from the author’s incredible story of hope, loss, and acceptance.”
- Life Touches Life was cited as a resource for those who experience an infant loss by Linda Dahlstrom, MSNBC.com health editor, in “When a baby is destined to die,” www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23682263, her March 2008 article on perinatal hospice services.
- Lorraine was interviewed on the radio program Healing
The Grieving Heart with hosts Drs. Gloria & Heidi Horsley. You can listen to Lorraine's interview on the January 18, 2007 show, “Grieving the Stillborn Child.”
- Lorraine was cited and quoted extensively in Eight tips for assisting in recovery process, which was the lead story in the September 13, 2006 issue of Human Resources Management Ideas & Trends. The article describes how companies and coworkers can help employees who suffer traumas. (Note: This article is a 517 KB
PDF file containing the entire issue of Human Resources Management Ideas & Trends; Adobe Acrobat Reader required; if you have trouble accessing this newsletter, refer to “PDF (Adobe Acrobat) files” on our support page).
- Not Alone in their Grief appeared in the August 14, 2006 issue of Nursing Spectrum magazine and on Nursing Spectrum’s web site and quotes Lorraine. The article discusses how nurses and hospitals can help stillbirth families.
- Life touching life appeared in the November 28, 2004 (Hudson County NJ) Hudson Reporter and on the Hudson Reporter’s web site.
- One survivor offers hope and memories to others appeared in the September 28, 2004 (Bergen County NJ) Record and on the Record’s web site.
- Transforming Trauma appeared in the Summer 2004 issue of Fordham
magazine and on the Fordham web site. Lorraine and Life Touches Life
are featured in the article. (Note: This article is a 565 KB PDF file; Adobe Acrobat Reader required; if you have trouble accessing this newsletter, refer to “PDF (Adobe Acrobat) files” on our support page).
- Lorraine was the IWWG (International Women’s Writing Guild) Member of the Month for September 2004. Information about Lorraine and Life Touches Life appeared on the IWWG web site, along with an essay by Lorraine describing how and why she wrote Life Touches Life.
- Mother writes book after child’s stillbirth appeared in the July/August 2004 Gannetteer, the internal newsletter of the Gannett newspaper company.
- A review of Life
Touches Life appeared in the June 27, 2004 Health Quarterly, a publication of New England Newspapers, and on the Berkshire Eagle web site. In her review, Lesley Ann Beck calls Life Touches Life “a beautifully intense story, more about love than tragedy.”
- A review of Life Touches Life appeared in the May 2004 issue of Dr. Christiane Northrup’s e-newsletter, Women’s Health Wisdom. “Lorraine’s story has universal appeal,” Dr. Northrup writes.
- Mother's grief is expressed in word and song appeared in the May 6, 2004 (Morris County NJ) Daily Record and on the Daily Record web site.