Lorraine in the Media
- Matt Welsh, pioneer in conscious media and spiritual entertainment, interviewed Lorraine for his popular Spiritual Media blog on select topics from her new book Self and Soul. They spoke about how to keep faith alive in an uncertain world, what it means to succeed, and the ultimate purpose of life. Read the entire March 4, 2013 blog post.
- Writer and writing teacher Chloe Yelena Miller chatted with Lorraine about topics including her new book Self and Soul, her writing process, and the logistics of writing a book while working as a journalist and running a publishing house, among others. Read the entire January 11, 2013 blog post.
- Indie Author News spoke to Lorraine in a featured interview that covered not only her new book Self and Soul, but also her writing process and background, and her new publishing company, Cape House Books. Read the December 12, 2012 Indie Author News interview.
- Lorraine was the guest blogger on the blog of Chloe Yelena Miller, Writer & Writing Teacher. Lorraine addresses starting a memoir by forming a question whose answer is vital to the writer’s self-understanding. Read her January 18, 2012 blog entry.
- Lorraine was interviewed by Deb Bailey for Power Women Radio about stillbirth — her own experiences and what every pregnant woman should know now. Listen to her January 26, 2011 internet radio interview with Power Women Magazine.
- Lorraine was interviewed by Bodie Parkhurst for the Magic Dog Press blog on how to write about difficult experiences and emotions. Check out her December 1, 2010 Q-and-A.
- A review ofLife
Touches Life appeared on NewAgeVenus.com. Marion J. Flores concludes her review by callingLife
Touches Life“a must-have resource for all families experiencing the grief of stillbirth.”
- Lorraine was interviewed by Helen Coronato for “A Novel Idea” on 91.9 WNTI (Hackettstown, NJ) radio about spiritual genre as an American genre as relevant today as it was for the Pilgrims who landed on Plymouth Rock. Listen to the June 27, 2010 Contours radio program at the WNTI web site.
- Lorraine was interviewed on the glow in the woods website for parents who have lost babies. Read the complete interview on the glow in the woods site.
- A review of Life
Touches Life appeared in the August 2008 AORN (Association of periOperative Registered Nurses) Journal, and on the AORN web site. Reviewer Susan Overman, RN, calls it “a powerful book” and notes that “everyone in the health field can benefit from the author’s incredible story of hope, loss, and acceptance.”
Touches Lifewas cited as a resource for those who experience an infant loss by Linda
Dahlstrom, MSNBC.com health editor, in “When a baby is destined to
her March 2008 article on perinatal hospice services.
- Lorraine was interviewed on the radio program Healing
The Grieving Heart with hosts Drs. Gloria & Heidi Horsley.
You can listen to Lorraine's interview on the January 18, 2007 show, “Grieving the Stillborn Child.”
- Lorraine was cited and quoted extensively in Eight
tips for assisting in recovery process, which was the lead story in
the September 13, 2006 issue of Human Resources Management
Ideas & Trends. The article describes how companies and coworkers
can help employees who suffer traumas. (Note: This article is a 517 KB
PDF file containing the entire issue of Human Resources
Management Ideas & Trends; Adobe Acrobat Reader required; if
you have trouble accessing this newsletter, refer to “PDF (Adobe
Acrobat) files” on our support page).
Alone in their Grief appeared in the August 14, 2006
issue of Nursing Spectrum magazine and on Nursing
Spectrum’s web site and quotes Lorraine. The article discusses how
nurses and hospitals can help stillbirth families.
touching life appeared in the November 28, 2004 (Hudson
County NJ) Hudson Reporter and on the Hudson
Reporter’s web site.
survivor offers hope and memories to others appeared
in the September 28, 2004 (Bergen County NJ) Record
and on the Record’s web site.
Trauma appeared in the Summer 2004 issue of Fordham
magazine and on the Fordham web site. Lorraine and Life
are featured in the article. (Note: This article is a 565 KB PDF file;
Adobe Acrobat Reader required; if you have trouble accessing this newsletter,
refer to “PDF (Adobe Acrobat) files” on our support
- Lorraine was the IWWG (International Women’s Writing Guild) Member
of the Month for September 2004. Information about Lorraine and Life
appeared on the IWWG web site, along with an essay by Lorraine describing
how and why she wrote Life
- Mother writes book
after child’s stillbirth appeared in the July/August
2004 Gannetteer, the internal newsletter of
the Gannett newspaper company.
- A review of Life
appeared in the June 27, 2004 Health Quarterly,
a publication of New England Newspapers, and on the Berkshire Eagle web
site. In her review, Lesley Ann Beck calls Life
“a beautifully intense story, more about love than tragedy.”
- A review
appeared in the May 2004 issue of Dr. Christiane Northrup’s
e-newsletter, Women’s Health Wisdom. “Lorraine’s
story has universal appeal,” Dr. Northrup writes.
- Mother's grief
is expressed in word and song appeared in the May 6,
2004 (Morris County NJ) Daily Record and on
the Daily Record web site.